WHAT: Facilitating Virtual Meetings is online workshop where we learn how to use technology to drive beloved facilitation techniques.
WHO: Scrum Masters, Meeting Facilitators, Project Managers, Facilitation Enthusiasts and others
DURATION: 3 Hours
Remote meetings can be boring and messy if people are not involved. To set a positive tone in the first minutes is very important step. This session is fully dedicated to ice-breakers and energizers, a facilitation practice aimed to check-in and open up participants for collaboration. In this session we explore how Zoom and Mural can be used to facilitate ice-breakers:
- Ice-breaker questions
- Ice breaker to test online toolkit
- Mind-blowing meeting check-in
- Visualization and effect of presence
- Team happiness check-in
Collective decision making process requires participation and involvement from every individual. Brainstorming helps to engage people from the very first minute of the meeting and in this session we explore different brainstorming patterns and variations of the brainstorming process. More information in the recent experience report. What will we do?
- Brainstorming check-in
- Creativity Matrix
- Innovator Compass
- Team Canvas
Problem solving in the meeting requires in-depth exploration of the root causes. Otherwise discussion inclining into very superficial set of assumptions posing very low impact and usefulness. Generating insights to the discussed problem requires good techniques and tools. In this session we are going to practice different approaches to the very popular 5 WHY method. What will we do?
- How to facilitate 5 why in remote meeting
- Visual boards in Mural
- Mind maps
- Discuss solution to the root cause rather than symptom
Self-organization in Virtual Space
The collective decision-making process requires a high degree of self-organization, which does not happen by itself. The facilitator needs to carefully prepare an action plan for decision making. And if the meeting is held in an online format, this still entails additional difficulties and challenges associated with virtual communication. What will we do?
- Through exercise, demonstrate the power of the collective mind
- Case for self-organization – divided into cross-functional teams
- Technique skills star map
- Feedback from participants on the quality of decisions made
- Adapting the decision making process
Facilitating Strategic Meetings
Many are dreaming of launching own product or service. But to competently create a business strategy someone can think it requires an MBA degree, which is not always true. We will use the Business Model Canvas technique as a way to learn interesting things about great business strategic. What will we do?
- Take a real case
- Let’s go through all the steps of filling out a Business Model Canvas
- We discuss the disadvantages of this technique
- We will consider the following steps to fill in the gaps
Basics of a Decision-Making Process
A meeting is one of the most expensive tools for involving a working group in the decision-making process. How to avoid useless meetings? We will look at the classic difficulties of making decisions and discuss when it’s worth it to resort to meetings anyway. We are going to review effective models for the decision-making process arrangement and talk about decision-making tools. What will we do?
- When is it not worth holding a meeting?
- What are the principles of decision making?
- What is the Kaner Facilitation Method?
- How to lead the group to a joint decision?
Facilitating Systems Thinking
Sometimes meetings come to a standstill when the number of issues raised just rolls over. The same problems are raised time after time, but due to different circumstances are not solved. In such a complex context, systemic thinking comes to our aid, which helps to relate to repetitive problems and provides the basis for conscious action. What will we do?
- Discuss the basics of systemic thinking
- Learn how to build causal patterns (Casual Loop Diagrams)
- How to use systems thinking tools in retrospective meeting?
- How to start managing complex problems?
Anna IVKOVA : Очень интерактивно, попробую! Спасибо большое еще раз 🙂
Katerina Smirnova : Спасибо, новый tool это всегда полезно. Очень интерактивно и вовлеченно для всех. Спасибо большое!
Віка Baimova : Спасибо, Слава, мне очень актуальная информация!!!